Sherry Toler has years of experience treating chemical addictions and eating disorders, as well as anxiety, depression and behavioral health issues with both adults and adolescents. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor, having earned her bachelor’s degree in psychology from Belhaven University and master’s degree in counseling psychology from Mississippi College.
Sherry is certified in the Daring Way™, an experiential methodology based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown. She is passionate about helping clients use the research and concepts of the Daring Way to reduce the negative effects of fear, shame and blame in their lives, and to help them own their story while learning to implement empathy and self-compassion; to love themselves through that process of acceptance and to create connection in their lives.
Sherry offers workshops in the Daring Way™ and Rising Strong™ in Jackson. Click here to read more and see upcoming dates.
Her experience and education have prepared her to work with a number of issues, including:
- Articles by Sherry
- B.S. in Psychology, Belhaven University, Jackson, MS
- M.S. in Counseling Psychology, emphasis in Marriage and Family Counseling, Mississippi College, Clinton, MS
- Licensed Professional Counselor, active in MS and TX
- National Certified Counselor
- EAGALA Certified Equine Assisted Psychotherapist
- Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator-Candidate
- Member of International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals
- Member of Mississippi Licensed Professional Counselors Association
- Member of Mississippi Association of Addiction Professionals
- Member of Mississippi Association of Marriage and Family Counselors
- Member of Equine Assisted Growth and Learning Association